Creative, passionate and friendly programmer with a wide skill set, strong programming and design skills, backed by 10 years of experience developing software professionally, 7 with Ruby. Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical colleagues. I enjoy working in or leading a multidisciplinary team.
Based in Bristol, England but working with businesses around the world.
I specialise in creating websites and web applications using:
- Ruby on Rails, many associated libraries, and with tests
- Relational databases (Postgres and MySQL)
- HTML, CSS, SASS, ERB, HAML and SLIM
- Git, Github, Jira, Trello, Slack, Mac OS X
- Product and design thinking, data analysis, experimentation
- I’ve deployed (and maintained) applications and systems to AWS, Heroku, custom Linux servers running on Linode and used a variety of deployment tools including Capistrano.